First Blog Post


The Black Cat by Min Zhen, 18th Century
This artwork reminds me of my fur baby Betty aka Toots; she is a mischievous happy black and white fat cat.  

Artwork is beautiful to look at, I have many pieces hung around my home, but my background in art is minimal. My 12-year-old daughter is an aspiring artist; she dreams of becoming a college art teacher. Having a child with an artist's eye has brought out the want to be artist in me. We have done art projects, paint pouring, and clay sculpting together. Recently we tried abstract art; the background of my blog page is what I created. Alaskan artwork is my favorite to view; I enjoy viewing local artwork in shops throughout Alaska's tourist towns. Homer, Talkeetna, Girdwood, and Denali have many beautiful galleries I enjoy browsing through.      

My name is Megan; I am a mother of two daughters, a slope wife, and two very spoiled cats. I have lived in Alaska my whole life, growing up in Anchorage and Wasilla. My family and I have resided in Palmer for the last thirteen years and do not plan to live elsewhere. Weightlifting, skiing, horses, gardening, birds, concerts, and traveling to Minnesota to visit my brother and his family are all things I enjoy! I have recently become an Aunt to my awesome nephew; it is the best! As a UAF student enrolled in Elementary Education, creativity and art are essential elements for me to learn. I want to incorporate art elements into assignments for my future students to keep them engaged and enjoy what we are learning. Thanks to the world wide web, many online resources provide ideas for projects involving artwork to go with the learning curriculum to teach students. 

Comments

  1. Public comments are working, and I frickin' love that cat picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Creativity and art are essential for teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment